Once you have completed the Basic CERT Training course, you can consider these additional classes and training to supplement your knowledge and maintain your CERT certification.
FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Administration) online courses
- IS-317: CERT Basic Course (6 hours credit)
- IS 300: CERT Supplemental Training: The Incident Command System
NIMS (National Incident Management System) online courses
- IS-100: Introduction to Incident Command System
- IS-200: ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incident
- IS-700: National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction
- IS-800: National Response Framework, An Introduction
Red Cross-sponsored classes — available to Red Cross volunteers
- Disaster Services Overview
- Shelter Fundamentals (online)
- First Aid and CPR/AED
- Disaster Response Training
- Emergency Preparedness Education
Formidable Footprint exercises are tabletop simulations in which a disaster scenario is presented, and you and your group evaluate your abilities to respond to various aspects of the disaster scenario as it unfolds. Newcomers gain a better understanding of the kinds of help we can provide in a disaster situation, and veteran participants have a chance to refresh and practice their problem-solving skills.
The San Lorenzo Valley Emergency Network invites you to join us for Formidable Footprint exercises, held quarterly at Mountain Community Resources (MCR), 6134 Hwy 9, Felton. For exercise dates and more information, please contact Mikail[at]slven.org.